The End of Membership as We Know It
by Sarah Sladek
The era when associations could count on members joining and renewing, even with a relatively unchanging menu of membership benefits, has passed. But we need to change our thinking and our models to adapt to the way participation is changing as a result of the generational shifts in the workforce, social changes, and the technology-eased access to content and community. Sladek provides insights on what emerging members want, how to communicate the benefits, and a good overview of the 5 emerging dues models.
- Recommended by Cathi Hight, Kaizen Consultant, Hight Performance Group, Inc.
She outlines real, useful advice and plenty of examples for moving your membership model into the future. For example, learn
- how niche is the new competitive advantage
- why organizational culture has an enormous impact on recruitment and retention
- what emerging member-prospects value and want
- why and how to focus on member ROI instead of program ROI
- how to craft and deliver compelling benefits rather than features
- how to extend your reach
- which emerging models are taking root and showing promise
Start now to redefine membership and flip your association's future. First step is to read this book.