The Handbook of Nonprofit Governance
The Ultimate Governance Reference from the Ultimate Source
For years, nonprofit leaders asked BoardSource to create the definitive governance handbook. Now we have!
The Handbook of Nonprofit Governance is a comprehensive exploration of the principles and practices followed by effective nonprofit boards.
You will find answers to the following questions and more:
- What is the nonprofit sector, and how does governance fit in?
- What roles do nonprofit boards serve?
- How does an organization build and sustain a strong, active board?
- What are the board’s legal, ethical, and financial responsibilities?
- What is the board’s role in fundraising?
- How does the board engage in strategic thinking and planning?
- What does the board contribute to communications and outreach?
- How do boards ensure effective chief executive transitions?
- Why is evaluation important, and how is the board involved?
- How do bylaws and policies promote sound board decisions?
- What are the ingredients of a productive board meeting?
- How do board dynamics influence board effectiveness?
You will want to keep The Handbook within reach so you can refer to it whenever you have a governance question.(0 votes) | 0 Comments: