ARS Organizational Champion Award
Organizational Champion Award
The Organizational Champion Award recognizes regions and regional alliances for overall excellence and commitment to the principles of regional stewardship: innovative economy, livable communities, social inclusion, and a collaborative style of governance. Award winners exemplify regional cooperation efforts that have increased regional capacity, achieved tangible results and shown the potential for sustainability.
Greater Des Moines Partnership - Des Moines, IA
Greater Des Moines’ leaders drafted an aggressive five-year strategic plan to address the economic and social realities facing their community in the 21st Century. Capital Crossroads: A Vision for Greater Des Moines and Central Iowa brings a committed group of leaders together with an infusion of ideas and energy to ensure the region is growing and prospering for current and future generations. Capital Crossroads envisions Greater Des Moines and Central Iowa as a robust, sustainable community that offers unparalleled economic opportunity and spirit of cooperation to accomplish personal and professional achievement and satisfaction.
- Chambers for Sustainable Communities – Reading, PA (2012)
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce - Climate Protection Partnership (2011)
- Visioneering Wichita, a regional visioning effort (2010)
- Cincinnati (OH) USA Regional Chamber - Agenda 360, A Regional Action Plan (2009)
- Graduate! Philadelphia (2008)
- Bemidji Leads! (2008)
- San Fernando Valley, California (2006)
- Puget Sound Region, Washington (2006)
- Pittsburgh Region, Pennsylvania (2006)
- Greater San Diego's Partnership (2005)
- Northeast Wisconsin Coalition (2005)
- Northern Kentucky's Vision 2015 (2005)
To apply for the ARS Organizational Champion Award, follow the application guidelines and submit electronically. Award submissions should be no longer than seven pages, excluding the cover sheet, and should be submitted electronically. The submission deadline for 2014 is April 30th. Contact email@example.com for more information.