Economic & Community Development Division
Now more than ever, economic development success comes as much from from building a vibrant community with talented workers and a pro-business climate as it does from industrial recruitment and incentive packages. This is work every chamber in the country can, and should, lead. The ACCE Economic and Community Development Division exists to help equip chamber leaders to build more competitive, prosperous regions.
The ACCE Economic and Community Development Division is the place chamber of commerce professionals go to network with peers, connect with industry leaders, share information and learn best practices about economic and community development.
- Leverage division members’ combined experience and knowledge to advance economic and community development competencies throughout the chamber profession.
- Provide chamber leaders with access to information, individuals and ideas that will help them build more competitive, prosperous regions.
- Elevate the perception of chambers of commerce as key drivers of economic and community development in every community.
Program of Work
The Economic and Community Development Division will:
- Examine chambers' role in economic and community development;
- Provide ECD-specific programming at each ACCE convention;
- Offer webinars and other training during the year;
- Develop a collection or samples and links to useful documents on economic and community development;
- Add economic and community development basics to the body of knowledge required for CCE designation.
To inquire about the Economic & Community Development Divison, call Ian Scott or email us with your question. You can also update your profile status online to recieve Division communications.