March 12-20, 2013 China Trip: REGISTRATION CLOSED
ACCE's almost-free China trip is for chamber executives who want to take an eight-day tour of China to see what this trip is like so that, perhaps, they will take their own chamber group to China. Such visits have become major non-dues revenue producers for hundreds of chambers. If the Chamber CEO can’t go, he or she may designate one full-time senior staff member from the chamber to travel in his or her place at this amazing price.
Thanks to Citslinc sponsorship, the price to you is only $250 (a deposit of $500, of which $250 is returned to you after the trip). You will also need to obtain a visa to China, which will be $155 for U.S. travelers.
A few requirements for attendance are:
- You must be an ACCE member. If you are not currently a member, you can join now and then register for the trip!
- You and/or your chamber have not done a trip with Citslinc before.
- You have some interest in the idea of offering a China trip to your members. The trip does not obligate you to take your chamber members to China, but it's important that you be willing to consider the possibility.
- While most on these visits are CEOs, you do not have to be. Full-time, senior staff chamber employees are welcome, provided that the chamber CEO indicates in writing that you are being sent on this trip to explore the possibility of a China tour for your chamber.
The trip will include visits to Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, and Suzhou. You will see seven of the top 10 tourist attractions in China, including the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. You will stay in excellent accommodations and enjoy good food (mostly Chinese, of course). And you will get to hear from some U.S. executives and Chinese authorities about doing business with China.
You are able to bring guests at an affordable rate – leaving from New York’s Kennedy airport (JFK) for $2099 or the Los Angeles airport (LAX) for $1999. You will need to get to LAX or JFK Airport, but after that, your airfare and everything else (save a $25 tip), including hotels, meals, transportation, and guides/interpreters, is completely covered by Citslinc. Not a bad deal for $250!
More than 200 ACCE members have taken it already. Please call Mick Fleming, Chris Mead, Tamara Philbin, Ian Scott, Carly Dubernas or others on the ACCE staff who have been on this terrific excursion, if you want to learn more.
- LAX Itinerary (tentative)
- JFK Itinerary (tentative)
- Frequently Asked Questions & Answers (valuable information for planning your trip)
- Post-departure Travel Insurance (included in tour fare)
Please complete and submit the applicable registration forms and emergency contact & waiver (below) by December 14, 2012. Chamber executives are also asked to submit a professional biography at the time they register (this is not required for guests). If you have questions regarding the registration process, please refer to the China Trip FAQ (above) or email Mark Skaggs.
- Chamber Executive Registration Form (to be completed by chamber representative)
- Guest Registration Form (to be completed by each guest)
- Emergency Contact & Waiver (to be completed by each traveler & submitted with registration forms)
- Chinese Visa Application (due with other required visa items January 11, 2013)
All registration forms and payment in full are due December 14, 2012 to Mark Skaggs who can be reached at email@example.com or 703.998.3542.
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like more information. We went on this tour and would be happy to help!