Economic and Community DevelopmentEconomic Development means business recruitment and retention, but it also means fostering innovation, developing a skilled workforce, community image and branding, and promoting a conducive business climate through good public policy. Your chamber may not be responsible for business attraction, but every chamber in the country is in the business of economic development.
→ Learn more about ACCE's Economic and Community Development Division.
The ECD division is comprised of chamber economic development professionals, industry thought leaders and chamber CEOs charged with driving prosperity in their regions. The division convenes peer conference calls, provides online and phone answers to development related questions, offers introductions for chamber professionals with site selection consultants and crafts curriculum for ACCE events.
ACCE also assists with talent recruitment in the economic development field and undertakes targeted research on chamber economic development efforts, staff compensation, and best practices.
For information about how ACCE can help your organization advance its economic development aspirations, contact Ian Scott.
ACCE Members will also be interested in the Economic Development Funding chapter from the ACCE Chamber Revenue Model Whitepaper - Entire Whitepaper also available here (published December 2013)
Specific Economic and Community Development Topics
- General Resources for Economic and Community Development
- Business Attraction and Recruitment
- Business Retention and Expansion
- Buy Local Initiatives
- Chamber - EDC Structure Options
- Chambers and Homelessness Initiatives - new!
- Clean Energy as an Economic Development Tool
- Community Development
- Community Rankings
- Defense Industry Issues
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Economic Development Campaigns
- ED Metrics
- International Trade - new!
- Military Affairs
- Regional Branding
- Small Business
- Workforce Development and Stability
Convention & Seminar Resources
- 2014 Economic Development & Membership Track Pack (6 Sessions) from the 2014 ACCE Annual Convention, available for purchase through the ACCE Store, includes tracks on:
- Segmenting the Small Business Market
- See also Segmenting the Small Business Market presentation by Steve Millard, CCE, President and Executive Director, COSE
- Sustainable Membership Growth
- Growing Diverse Businesses
- See also Growing Diverse Businesses presentation by Crystal German, Vice President, Economic Inclusion, Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber and Nika White, Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion, Greenville Chamber of Commerce
- Collective Impact: A Powerful Framework for Transformative Change in Communities
- Quality of Place as an Economic Driver
- See also Quality of Place as an Economic Driver presentation by David Brown, President and CEO, Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce; Brad Lacy, President & CEO, Conway Area Chamber; and J. Mac Holladay, CCE, PCED, LM, HLM, Founder and CEO, Market Street Services
- Tapping the Entrepreneurial Culture
- See also Tapping the Entrepreneurial Culture presentation by Michael Dalby, CCE, President and CEO, Columbus Chamber; Sean Kennedy, Greenhouse Manager, St. Petersburg Area Chamber; Penny Lewandowski, Vice President of Entrepreneurship, Edward Lowe Foundation; and Christa Tinsley Spaht, Senior Project Manager, Market Street Services
Chamberpedia Home | Economic and Community Development
Last Updated: 01/02/2015
We want your input! If you have links to add, changes to make, or comments about this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply edit the page yourself.