Education and Workforce DevelopmentTo ensure a vibrant future economy, we must change the way we approach education by involving new stakeholders: employers. Business professionals from businesses of all sizes can help students graduate from high school fully prepared to enter college and on the path to a fulfilling career. A concerted, collaborative effort made by local institutions can help identify areas where partners can work together to address pressing workforce readiness issues, better leverage resources and have a measurable impact. It is critical to emphasize business and community partnerships with schools, so that all students have access to education and training opportunities preparing them for high-skill, high-wage employment in a fulfilling career of choice. The region’s economy and community will thrive as a result.
→ Learn more about ACCE's Education Attainment Division and get connected with peers. EAD resources include:
- Deeper Learning Case Studies
- EAD E-newsletter Archive and the EAD Blog
- and more! Get involved today!
Education and Workforce Development Topics
- Early Childhood Education
- K-12 Education
- Higher Education
- Workforce Development and Stability
- Collective Impact for Education and Workforce Development
- Data Driver - Measuring and Informing Education and Workforce Development - new!
- Workforce Wellness and Community Health
Convention & Seminar Resources
- Education Attainment & Workforce Development Track Pack (4 Sessions) from the 2014 ACCE Annual Convention, available for purchase through the ACCE Store, includes tracks on:
- Economic Impacts of Higher Education Attainment, presented by Mary Stagaman, Vice President for Regional Initiatives, Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber of Commerce, and Executive Director, Agenda 360; Haley Glover, Director, Convening Strategy - Lumina Foundation; Amy Sherman, Associate Vice President for Policy and Strategic Alliances, Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL); Cindy Cisneros, Director of Education Programs, Committee for Economic Development; and Deborah Hooper, President, Greensboro Chamber of Commerce
- Our Future Workforce: Addressing the Skills Gap and Talent Equation, presented by Kelli Wells, Director of U.S. Education Programs, General Electric Foundation; Patricia Milka, Director, Competitive Workforce, Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce & Industry; and Alisha Benson, Vice President of Education & Workforce, Greater Spokane Incorporated (GSI) and Executive Director, Spokane STEM Network
- Healthy Workforce, Healthy Economy: Investing in Early Childhood Education and Childhood Obesity Prevention, presented by Richard Dayoub, President and CEO, Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce; Bryan Stephens, President & CEO, Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce; and David Rattray, Senior Vice President of Education & Workforce Development - LA Area Chamber
- Put Your Foundation to Work, presented by David Rattray, Senior Vice President of Education & Workforce Development - LA Area Chamber; Tim Sheehy, CCE, President - Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce; and Ralph Schulz, President & CEO - Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Videos, Webinars & ACCE U Resources
- ACCE's HERO Webinar on Education and Workforce Development - During this 30-minute webinar, ACCE’s Information and Resource Co-Director Sarah Myers will present a 30-minute demo of free resources specifically for education and workforce development professionals. Learn how your job can be made easier with ACCE’s online resources, techniques for you to use HERO to help you in your day to day work, and connections to ACCE’s Education Attainment Division.
Chamberpedia Home | Education and Workforce Development
Last Updated: 05/05/2015
We want your input! If you have links to add, changes to make, or comments about this page, please email email@example.com or simply edit the page yourself.