Events and ProgramsChambers of commerce organize events – lots of them. Meetings, gatherings, and events are not the only things chambers do, but every chamber does them. Events and programs consume a great deal of the workday and annual organization calendar for most chambers of commerce. Some chambers convene scores of meetings, conferences, summits, committee sessions, briefings, workshops, social events, charettes, press conferences, parties, programs and behind-the-scenes strategy sessions each year. As chambers advance further in the electronic age, online gatherings are being integrated into an already crowded meeting calendar.
Because of the breadth of chamber programs, there is often confusion about what any one particular chamber does and even what it is. While each of the meetings and events convened by any chamber has a purpose, it might not always be easy to discern it. Some get-togethers may appear to be meetings held simply for the purpose of meeting, but there are usually sound mission or financial motives involved.
Some of the most public and visible activities of chambers might actually be less important than the private meetings they undertake in the cause of advancing the interests of their members and communities.
Chamber event planners will also find ACCE's chapter on Community Events to be helpful in gaining new awareness for successful programming options. This chapter comes from the ACCE Chamber Revenue Model Whitepaper (published December 2013).
Events & Programs Topics→ General Resources for Events and Programs
Specific Chamber Events and Programs:
- Annual Meetings
- Breakfast Series
- Business Advancement Events
- DC Fly-Ins
- Diversity and Inclusion Events
- Festivals, Parades, and Pageants
- Golf Tournaments
- Government Relations Events
- Health Care Programs & Summits
- Leadership Development Programs
- Lemonade Day
- Membership Orientation
- Milestone Celebrations
- Networking Events
- Peer Advisory Groups
- Ribbon Cutting Events
- Roundtable Events
- Training and Seminars
- Technology Related Events
- Young Professionals Groups
- Even More Event and Program Examples
Resources for Event Planners:
- Awards and Contests
- Evaluating Programs
- Event Calendars & Programming
- Networking Icebreakers
- Non-Member Event Attendance
- Program Agendas and Scripts
- Resources for Chamber Event Planners
- Technology for Events (using tech for events)
Convention & Seminar Resources
- Membership and Events Track Pack (4 Sessions). Captured live from the 2016 ACCE Annual Convention in Savannah. Duration: 2 hours, 21 minutes. Cost: $30 for 1 year of unlimited access for all your chamber staff. Sessions include:
Related Topics:[email protected] so that we can include your program on this page!
Chamberpedia Home | Events and Programs
Last Updated: 11/21/2016
Rate this Page
We want your input! If you have links to add, changes to make, or comments about this page, please email [email protected].