Human ResourcesThe human resource function is rarely the sole function of one person in a chamber of commerce. With the help of many chambers, ACCE is developing this quick resource for those busy non-HR professionals who need help with this function.
Specific Human Resources Topics
- ADA Considerations
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Employment Contracts
- Hiring and Assessing
- Performance and Salary Reviews
- Personnel Policies
- Position Descriptions and Organization Structure
- Safety and Security
- Staff Retreats and Planning
- Succession Planning
- Working Smarter
General HR Resources
- Society for Human Resource Management
- SHRM's Policy Action Center and Overtime Regulations - The Action Center is a strong resource for staying informed on HR- related federal legislative proposals that Congress is considering.
- SHRM's HR Trends for 2016: What HR Needs to Know White Paper with lessons learned from 2015, applied to 2016 planning and evaluation to shape the workplace. (January 2016)
- Birnbach Success Solutions HR Resource Library
- The Business Case for a High-Trust Culture - Great Place to Work. Full report available here.
- ThinkHR - Members enrolled in ACCE’s 401K and group insurance plans have access to ThinkHR, through which you can get immediate help from HR experts via telephone or email, a large HR library, and 200 employee training courses. Contact ACCE's Benefits Team for more information, or to retrieve your username and password for ThinkHR.
ACCE's Samples Library
- Bonus & Incentives examples
- Chamber Position Description examples
- Compensation examples
- Human Resources examples
- Performance Evaluation examples
Research & Surveys
- ACCE's QuickPolls including Human Resources (Nov 2016), Human Resources (Dec 2012), The Chamber Professional (Nov 2014) and others.
- ACCE's Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking survey platform which combines the Operations and Salary surveys. Upon participation, instant customized reports and comparisons are available for download with chamber statistics on revenue, expenses, HR/personnel, salaries, membership statistics, and more.
- Employee Job Satisfaction and Engagement: Optimizing Organizational Culture for Success - A 2015 research report by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- SHRM/Globoforce Survey 2015 Employee Recognition Report - Annual survey conducted by Globoforce, in collaboration with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) to elicit trends and insight from HR leaders and practitioners about their top workforce challenges and strategies to help address them.
- The Professionalism of Chamber of Commerce Staff, by Ali Crain, MS, CCE, IOM, KyACE, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Executives Executive Director, July 2015
Convention & Seminar Resources
- Workplace Legislation Landscape - Presentation handout from Lauren Doroghazi, Senior Policy Associate, MultiState Associates Inc.; Tom Pierson, President & CEO, Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber. From the 2016 ACCE Annual Convention.
- Your Staff: Here, There and Everywhere! - Presentation by Anna Brewer, Director, Administrative Compliance, Insperity, from the 2014 ACCE Annual Convention
- Factsheet #13
- Factsheet #71
- Independent Contractor or Employee
- Legalized Marijuana
- Wage and Hour
- Executive Law and Compliance - From by Tony G. Puckett of McAfee & Taft. Covers Employment Law Issues: Hiring, Background checks, screening, interviewing, internal work complaints, bullying and workplace violence, interns, and employee termination. (PowerPoint/Handout from session at the 2013 ACCE Annual Convention)
- Organization Alignment - From the 2012 ACCE Annual Convention
Videos, Webinars & ACCE U Resources
- Trends in Online Education for Chamber Members and Their Employees - ACCE University Webinar (free)
- Attracting & Keeping Great Talent - ACCE University Webinar (free)
- Building an Effective Mentor Relationship - ACCE University Webinar (free)
- Managing & Motivating the Next Generation - ACCE University Webinar (free)
- Non-Monetary Incentives for Employees - ACCE University Webinar (free)
- Talent Management: Restructuring & Combining Job Descriptions - ACCE University Webinar (free)
ACCE’s Partner Resources from Insperity
- Basic Payroll Terms Every Employer Should Know - Part One, A-N (October 2012)
- Basic Payroll Terms Every Employer Should Know - Part Two, O-Z (October 2012)
- How to Create a More Strategic HR Department (September 2013)
- The Seven Most Frequent HR Mistakes and How to Avoid Them (August 2011)
- Find more Insperity Resources
Chamberpedia Home | Operations | Human Resources
Last Updated: 2/6/2017
Rate this Page
We want your input! If you have links to add, changes to make, or comments about this page, please email [email protected].