Non-Dues RevenueGone are the days of being fully dependent on membership dues! Non-dues revenue allows chambers to have much more diversified revenue streams. These methods range from one-time events to long-term programs that can help to significantly boost total income.
Specific Non-Dues Revenue Topics
- Affinity Programs
- Capital Campaigns
- Certificates of Origin
- Chamber Foundations
- Events and Programs
- Gift Check Programs
- Grants and Contracts
- Intercity Visit
- International Travel
- Total Resource Campaigns
Surveys and Research
- Chamber Revenue Models Whitepaper - Report examines revenue streams and contains data about dues structures, community events, affinity programs, CVBs, economic development funding, policy revenue, and total resource campaigns. The report is an excellent thought-provoker for staff meetings and board retreats, and a baseline to begin building your chamber funding model for the future. ACCE members, login to download the free 76 page report, published Dec. 2013.
- Chamber Operations Survey through Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking - includes data on member revenue statistics and models
- Quickpoll: Revenue Models - survey results from April 2013
Other White Papers
- Leveraging Technology to Streamline Your Non-Dues Revenue (Or here's why your Chamber should ditch that underpeforming networking social) - White Paper from ChamberMaster. Summary: Chambers rely on non-dues revenue to remain financially solvent. But what if increasing non-dues revenue didnít necessarily mean osting another golf tournament or Chamber dinner? What if you could boost revenue by using technology to bolster an underutilized service you may already be able to offer members?
Chamber Executive Magazine Articles
- More than Dues Alone - by Chris Mead (Summer 2016)
- Revenue Models: The Impact of Gen Y on Chamber Revenue - by Sarah Sladek (Fall 2013)
- Non-Dues Revenue: Unusual Chamber Moneymakers - by Walt Townshend (Fall 2010)
- Chamber Executive Magazine: Membership and Non-Dues Revenue - Special feature (Fall 2009)
- Big Growth Comes From Non-Dues Revenue, by Chris Mead and Chaaron Pearson (Spring 2008)
- Balancing Non-dues Revenue Sources, by Susan Higgenbotham (March/April 2004)
- Just the Facts: Chamber Non-Dues Revenue Trends (Fall 2008)
- Maximizing Non-dues Revenue, by Gerald L. Bartels (March/April 2004)
- Steal the Show!, by Tania Kohut (July/August 2006)
- Non-Dues Revenue: International Winners from Ireland to The Philippines - winning international examples
Convention & Seminar Resources
- Exceptional Funding Track (5 Sessions) from the 2013 ACCE Annual Convention, available for purchase through the ACCE Store, includes tracks on:
- The Foundation Rain Dance
- Memberships as Products
- ABCs of Affinities (Video)
- Total Resource Campaigns: Yes, No, Maybe? (Video)
- Electronic Certificates of Origin: Get with the Program!
- Top Investors as Recruiters, PDF presentation by Steve Lucker, Greater Louisville Inc., from the 2013 ACCE Annual Convention
Videos, Webinars & ACCE U Resources
- Development Planning for Chambers - by Amy Cortina of the Los Angeles Area Chamber. ACCE University Webinar on 12/15/16 and presentation slides (free)
- Chamber Revenue Programs Survey - by Chris Mead, ACCE University Webinar on 6/9/16 (free). Non-dues revenue programs allow chambers to diversify their revenue streams, and can range from one-time events to long term initiatives that can significantly boost total income. Presentation handout available here.
- An Introduction to Intercity Visits - ACCE University Webinar (free)
- Non-Dues Revenue - The No-Nonsense Way, presented by Joyce Powell-Johnson - ACCE University Webinar (free)
- Structuring Innovative Revenue Models for Nonprofits: For-Profits, Joint Ventures, and Social Enterprises - Presentation / Recorded Webinar from Venable LLP (April 2015)
- Frank J. Kenny's Resources
- Dues and Non-Dues Revenue for Chambers Ė Chamber Focus Show Episode #62 - Video on dues and non-dues revenue strategies (April 2015).
- More Non-Dues Revenue Suggestions from Chambers - Blog post (April 2015)
- Non-dues Revenue Raising Events for Chambers - Blog post (Feb. 2015)
- 4 Easy Steps to Grow With Non-Dues Revenue - This eBook from WebLink helps associations maximize the potential of their non-dues revenue program of choice.
- 5 Secrets to Grow Non-Dues Revenue with Your Website and Directory - This eBook from WebLink uncovers five ways for chambers to drive traffic to their websites and help them promote their members, both of which will provide chambers with essential tools to increase their non-dues revenue.
- Show Me the (Chamber) Money! - Follow this link to BestChambers.com for more information on obtaining a valuable reference manual containing more than 100 innovative projects, events, tips, and fundraising techniques.
- This is Where it $tarts! - Golden Openings Chamber Appreciation Program
Chamberpedia Home | Non-Dues Revenue
Last Updated: 2/15/2017
Rate this Page
We want your input! If you have links to add, changes to make, or comments about this page, please email [email protected].